What shocks are the best for a lowered st

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris P

Reaction score
What are the best shocks to get with a lowered st? I still have factory...yes i know.... and would like to change them out, I am also running 18's and trying to get rid of the slippage when i hit bumps at speed ranges 30-90:huh:

chris,

I amd only aware of Edelbrock AIS shocks that can be ordered specifically for lowered vehicles. The work good, however I have heard several people complain that they only lasted about a year??

If you are only lowering your truck about 2 inches, then any good quality shock will work. The only thing that the Edelbrock shocks for lowered vehicles do is use a little shorter shock to center the piston in the middle of the shocks stroke. If you use standard shocks, you may hit a bump and damage the shock by collapsing it till it bottoms out. If you leave your rubber bump stops in place, you can avoid the damage to the shocks but you may get a pretty hard jolt when you hit a pothole.

...Rich