what to expect

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Auberson

Reaction score
Well my trac needs to go in for warrenty work. Yep! Tranny problem. I have one of the old Apten Chips. When i turn it off the tranny slips, when its turned on no problem. However, my truck has about 85k on it and my warranty is up at 100k. Any ideas on what to expect? How have you guys haddled the missing metal plate on the back of the PCM. I also have the Random Tech exhaust with Y-Pipe, high flow cat, tortion twist, 285/75/16 tires and E Epress sway bar. I am expecting them to tell me the tranny is not coverd do to mods. Mind you the chip will be uninstalled when i take it in of course.

Oh, mods. I don't even know why one would mod and get extended warranties, no offense Tim.

Kinda like getting married AND keeping your little black book around....nothing good can come from it.

Sorry my post is of no help....just thought the analogy fitting. When you sign the paper, the playing must stop, lest the paper be worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:
That happens to me when I reflash my PCM back to stock with the Xcal. As of what I heard its normal.

Mine does the same as JK II's , when I put the stock program back, it gets all screwed up shifting. Wayne says the computer has to relearn you driving habits. Gary D.

Latest posts