What to use - Best and Easy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This question is as old as time on any car forum.

Many will say Zaino for wax, and they could be correct. It is a bit expensive, and I think you need to order it online.

I tried "Ice wax" on my '02 and wasn't impressed, but I like the product on my wife's xB. There is also NXT. Both of these are good in the fact they won't turn the plastic white.

I use Armor All High gloss on my wheels. And a "all-in-one" wheel cleaner, I think made by Eagle one.

And I think it is pretty much unanimous that Bleah-White for cleaning the tire to get white letter clean.

i use meg.

meg. nxt car wash

meg. nxt insane tire shine

meg. all wheel cleaner

meg. nxt wax

meg. nxt detailer

meg. interior detailer

meg. scratch x

then i use...

mothers back to black for the trim

nu finish as my polish

:cool:

Zaino is some good stuff, but being old school I like carnaubas, the best is Pinnicle Souveran,IMO.

You want easy but proper detailing is never easy I'm Afraid.

First off Claybar, easy and is good for the paint.

Have plenty of Microfibers handy (I use no less than 25 when I detail)

Simple green on the tires and rims, dress them with 303 protectorant

use two wash mitts, one for the rims, one for the paint, never mix the two (brake dust on paint is not pretty)

Stoners invisable glass on the windows (in the pump bottle)

Have fun.

I really don't think anything shines like Zaino.

I didn't discover it until a few years ago when I started hanging with the Vette crowd, but SO glad I did. It is truly amazing stuff.

Meguires tire products are great too. Clean with the spray on foam, then finish with the spray on shine. Even on my daily driver (the ST) the shine lasts for weeks. Nothing beats it.

;)

I am curious as to what others use on the interior of the new Sport Tracs, on the cloth and on the dash boards? I called the Ford dealer here and they said to use plain ol' warm water to wipe the dash off and acrasol (spelling?) on seat stains????

I simply Wash it with Lemon joy, Wax with McGuire's Gold class.....

Never been claybared,never iced, None of that junk for me thank you....

My cleaning products fit in a small 5 gallon bucket.....

This pic was taken by Andy at Louisville.... We got there, Washed all the bugs off with a power washer, Dried the truck, no cleaners, no waxes... and this is how it came out.....

If done right it will shine for years to come..

I washed and waxed it over a week before louisville...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I use Zaino.......the product name is Z-AIO As stated in other threads, it only takes one ounce of this stuff to do your whole truck. Just $27 bucks for a 16 oz bottle....look how many times you can do your truck with just one bottle. They say you should use it about 4 times a year.

Anyway, the link is below if you want to check out their products, etc.

I used to use Mequirars 3 or 4 step provess which did a good job but it was very labor intensive doing all the steps everytime I wanted to wax my vehicle.

About 6-7 years ago I switched to Zaino's and love it for several reasons. Once the paint is cleaned and ready for the first time, you just apply Zaino's and buff it off when it dries. It's very easy to apply and remove, does not leave any white powdery residue in the nooks and crannies and last for a long long time. The more coats you apply, the better the shine, but I find that 3 coats looks phenominal...more is just more work.

Another great feature of Zaino's is that you can apply it in full sun without streaking which is important for me here in Texas since I don't have any shade on my driveway. The bottle of Zaino's looks very small but I have waxed my old Sport Trac 3 times with 3 coats, and have done my MB C300 with 2 coats and I still have plenty left in the bottle.

The disadadvantages are that it is a bit on the pricey side, and you have to order it from the company in New Jersey.

...Rich