Whats the bigst tires i can run

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Gary s Stuffed 275/60/16's on his stock ride height 04, just a little trim of the fender wells, they look good....

Todd Z

Im running 285/75/R16 Nokian tires with the TT and shackle lift. I get about an inch and a half with the tt and shackle and about the same with the larger tires so its like a 3 or so inch lift. There is a little bit of rubbing up front at full turn but no biggie. The size will really depend on the offset of the rim as well.

[Broken External Image]:

Ryan

Man my all the pics look like mine exp mine is stock lol same colors and every thing. I am gonna run the stock rim

if you do a body lift which i am ordering tomorrow you can go with a 255 75 16 (34x10x16) i got the same as Ryan 1.5" front and rear TT/SL and about 1" on tires so 2.5" total lift it is not very noticeable to me but i have always had tall trucks, but people always ask why mine looks different.i love posting pics:lol:

[Broken External Image]:

All I did was a TT. It raised the front end about 1 5/8". that is what I needed to level the truck. I have 285/75/16's on mine with just very little rubbing.

I have TT/shackles also with 265/75-16's, they rub the swaybar just a little in the front and the inner fenders just a little in the back. Problem is the stock rims have too much backspacing. Personally I'm not a fan of spacers. I think a 32x11.50-15 on a 15x8 rim with 3.75" backspace (this is common) would work.

Problem with 16" rims is that the stockers and most aftermarket units have more backspacing than ST'ers need (about 4.5") and the tires rub on the inside. A 15x8/3.75" BS rim is common but the least backspace I've seen on a 16x8 is 4.0" on a Pro Comp 1069 wheel.

So if i got 265/75's or even 275/75s i am gonna rub in the back too i know the front is gonna rub a tad thats given but i am gonna do the tt i dont have money for new rims yet cuz i gotta fix the damn pant ford did screw alot of poeple over with the paint issue mine is craking on the hood and now the finders are starting... I kinda want to sell it but then dont its one of those things i cant trade cuz where i am at one my pay off and plus the paint issue just makes her look like she isnt worth 11 grand sad to say she runs like a champ tho.

So if i got 265/75's or even 275/75s i am gonna rub in the back too i know the front is gonna rub a tad thats given

Yes but not bad enough that you'd notice. If it weren't for the shiny swaybar ends up front and marks on the rear inner fenders, I'd never know. I never hear it or feel it. Don't worry about it. You can get wheel spacers if you want.

Of course I've been known to flex it a little....:D

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: