What's with all the ST's?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
I remember in 2001 when the Sport Trac made its first appearence on a dealer lot I test drove one and didn't really car for it. Some I kept my Explorer. In 03 I test drove an 03 adrenalin and purchase it. Now it seems at every stoplight, walmart, target, mall, cell phone store, etc. I see one. I've even had a few people come up to me and question me about my safari bar or any performance mods. Either the style in coming of age or more people fit the active lifestyle this truck offers. Most are tradesmen. Few are woman, more are men varying in age from early 20's to late 50's. Its interesting to that most people I talk to moved up from a passager car.

Just thought I would share some interesting points from non mysporttac.com members I come across.

One thing that we really liked about them was that there weren't too many running around town. Now it seems like everyone owns one. We liked being unique. Oh well...guess I'll just run with the crowd because I'm not giving up my truck.

There are 2 more Tracs on my street, since I got mine, july '04. Plus I see a lot more of them just passing through, than before. I dont think I see more because I have one. I was taking notice 8 months before I decided to go for it.

Reggies right. Today, I was at a light in Poway with my dad in the st, he wants one by the way, a silver to my right, across waiting to go left also, another silver and turning right next to him a forrest green colored one. Its funny though because I don't care if I look like a dork or not, if I see a st, I always wave, here in so cal, I'd say 3 out of 4 just either turn their heads or give a hard look. Not many wave back, so Im positive that they're not members. I saved for a long time and very much noticed how often they popped up over the last 2 1/2 years.

Ford is/was giving good incentives to purge all the tracs out of the dealerships. Don't know if that helped get more out there. Got 4 on the small strip from my work to the center of town and 2 within a couple hundred feet of my house. Can't seem to see him or her for either to give them cards. ;)

I think you just notice them more, because they stand out from the crowd and you check out every one.

If you pay attention you will notice that there are 5 times as many F150's.

Around L.A. nobody waves. I look for acknowledgement but everyone seems to be in their own little world (which is typical around here actually). I do see quite a few ST's. Most are stock but a few had some nice looking mods. A lot of female drivers too...seems like a 50/50 ratio. What I am beginning to see more and more of are F250 Super Duties and their bold grills. Nice lookin trucks IMO.

Just an opinion by Tracnblack... Too much heartache in the world today to

worry about the past and who we use to wave to and why, why we are are tired

of waving to certain people or drivers of what (Hummers, 'Vettes, Avalanches,

Jeeps, and other unique vehicles).WE all know they can have an attitude that they

think they are better than certian other people because they drive a "different"

vehicle, but I'd like to keep the thought alive that we, on this site, have some type of

different attitude, a common bond, something as simple as loving our Sporttracs,

a love of friends and family, and sharing with each other the "Trials and Tribulations"

of owing our 'Tracs, and sharing of information to make life with our 'Tracs easier

and better for all of those involved. Please forgive me if I have went too far

off topic, but this is what I have interpreted off of this site and this is just a few

of the many things that I love about it.

Latest posts