Wheel Corrossion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Mardis

Reaction score
My 2009 Adrenalin has been pampered and is MINT, with one exception. The aluminum wheels are badly corroded around the center cap. The car has 25,000 miles on it but just went over the 3 year mark so I'm told it's not covered. I've owned numerous fords from King Ranches to Mustangs, to Falcons and on. I will be extraordinarily po'd if Ford does not take care of these wheels. Clearly a manufacturing issue, not wear and tear or salt.

One reader said their dealer agreed to pick up 90% of the cost in replacement of these wheels. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ticked with Ford.

My 2007 ST has the exact same problem. Dealer pinned it on me using improper cleaning methods. This was only about a year after I bought it. It is only around the center caps on each wheel. Nice TSB there, but the years don't go back far enough!

This happened to my 2005 Sport Trac as well. My wheels are badly corroded and my local dealers blamed it on salt water, or parking in puddles. What a croc! The finish has corroded right off most of the wheels.

wow, just three minutes after the original post, swshawaii answered the question with a service bulletin that explains the problem. That's fast!

The service bulletin says it's galvanic corrosion reaction between the aluminum wheel and the chrome center wheel cap.

Latest posts