Wheel Noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret Pardew

Reaction score
I have a strange sound coming from the front right wheel. It sounds like a "wuh wuh wuh" once every rotation of the wheel noise that is most noticible at slow (<20 MPH) speeds. At first I thought it was a balance issue but that was not it. Then I was thinking something with the brakes. Anyway, has anyone experienced this problem? It is mostly just annoying.

Thanks,

Bret

Tires can go bad, It could have shifted a belt or have some feathering of the inside causing the noise..

Todd Z

If you are running the goodyear wrangler rt/s tires, thats the problem. They will feather or cup on the inside fronts. Some have had it happen even after alighnment.

Fast Eddie is right on target. My 2005 had the original Goodyear wrangler 255/70R16 when I bought it used with 31k miles. They made noise but I got use to it.

So with 54000 on the Goodyear tires, I just purchased new Bridgestone Dueler's and I can't believe how quiet the ride is.

I had this problem on my dakota... It was a bad bearing and waited too long to fix it and almost lost the wheel going 65mph... take it to a shop and have them look at it!

Latest posts