Wheel Spacers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eldon Webb

Reaction score
After installing a set of 4 each 1 1/4" aluminum wheel spacers on my ST I read where the manufacturer stated that the spacers are intended for off road only. Has anyone had problems with their spacers? Should I be concerned?

No problem with my 1 3/4s.....have had them on for 3 years now

Deep down inside I would love to get some spacers for the rear wheels to bring the wheels out a little.

My only concern is the amount of (ab)use I give my Trac. A ton in the bed would be a little much for my Trac if it had spacers. Heck, Summit Racing had a set for $50.00 in the closeout section of the store. I almost got them then decided against it.

Tom

Tom, I loaded well over 1000lbs of dirt and sand in the bed of my lowered ST over the summer, and aside from bottoming out on every bump, no problems.

I have had 2300 LBS in the bed of my Trac more then once. 1000 LBS is nothing. The Trac is designed for 1600.

Tom

Very true. I am running air bags on the back of my Trac. From stock to 6" of lift. All with a little air.

Tom

Tom,

I would think I give my ST some serious abuse, I have the 1.25 spacers from Ebay with no issues at all...

I lock tightened them on, used an impact gun first then re checked them 3 times with a torque wrench...

Todd Z