wheel trouble

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtis grant

Reaction score
I have purchased two sets of aftermarket wheels. first set the rear set inside the fender wells to much and i had to special order spacers. i thought it was just the wheels (20's). but last week i ordered a set of american racing black with chrome lip 18in for my model sporttrac and bam the very same problem. but the stock wheels don't set in, why?

You're buying wheels with the wrong offset for your truck. Not all wheels fit all vehicles just because the bolt pattern is the same. The wheel's width and offset also affect each other, so a 7" wide stock wheel won't fit the same as an 8" wide aftermarket wheel, even if the offset is the same. Do a google search for wheel offset and read up on how they work together.

Most wheel places should help with the width and offsets. Suprised they havent helped you with it.

Here is some info at this link..

What year is your trac. You will need to know width and offset from factory wheel. Then work from there for the look and fit.

my st is a 03 model 4x4 all stock. the store i ordered the wheels from didn't even ask about offset. they just asked bolt pattern. i should have sent them back but i've already mounted them. i sent a pic to the st of the week. maybe it'll be on tomarrow. thanks again for your help. i just found this site tonight, i love it!

Your factory wheels are 7" width on a +12mm offset...

Last edited by a moderator: