wheelspacers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Carter

Reaction score
does it help the way a sport trac handles installing wheel spacers or is it another just for looks can someone tell me

The fact that the wheels are further out translates to greater stability. How much will 2.5" to 3.0" more track width increase stability? ... I do not know, but it does add to it.

I wanted to bring the rear wheels out more for looks and since the handling would be positively affected, I went for it!

:)

without a proper setup increasing the track width is deceptive. it will increase the overall lateral grip of the vehicle however it will also increase understeer significantly, dont go putting 25mm offset wheels and 30mm spacers on trying to keep up with miata's on the twistys... the fact that the trac is narrow and tall means its not going to handle extremely well unless you really really get into it. as far as SUV's go i'm perfectly fine with the way mine handles bone stock.

i actually just got done putting my new spacers on and taking them for a spin...i put 2" in the rear and 1.5" in the front...as far as handling goes...like the others said it does do something, but dont expect big results...i do like them alot though and suggest them,..

This is where I got mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/WHEELS-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-1-25_W0QQitemZ140012784807QQihZ004QQcategoryZ42614QQcmdZViewItem

For 1.25" thick spacers, your wheels must have reliefs in between the mounting holes (like stock). Otherwise, the studs need to be cut (like I did).