Where is my ST???? (Just need to vent)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
I just need to vent this out. Ordered my ST on June 8th. Was given a VIN and delivery date within a couple of days. July 24th was the date given. July 24th gets close so I call the check on the date to make sure it is all on time. I was then told August 1st I could take delivery. The delay was due to the plant being shut down for vacation they tell me. I figure, ok, another week won't be so bad... They also tell me that typically their orders come in sooner then the date they are given. Friday at noon I get a call and the sales woman is telling me that my ST got hit by a train at the railhead. ha-ha, funny one. Didn't really surprise me. Anyways she said she was joking and that my ST would be here over the weekend for pickup, as it was being assigned a driver right then and it had a "rush" on it. Should be here on Sunday or Monday. Sunday came and I got no call. I thought for sure Monday would be it. Monday afternoon I call her to see what the deal is, and that they don't know where it is. It has not arrived at the dealer yet. I asked her where exactly the railhead was at and they told me either MD or NC, they weren't really sure. So I figure that Tuesday would be it. I got no call from them (she tells me every time the she will call me when she finds something out) I tried calling this afternoon to check on if there was any news. I didn't get any because she left work early today. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that someone shouldn't be able to take a day off here and there, but at least call me and let me know that there is no more news for the day. My wife insists that the ST has been stolen, and people at work have me worried that it arrived at the lot and someone bought it off the carrier last weekend... I know (hope) that neither of those is true, however they simply add fuel to the fire inside... It is such a up and down every day. Maybe this is just a cruel hoax and Chip Foose is hooking it up right now for Overhaulin’… Man I hope tomorrow is the day!!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Today's the day! I saw it being transported from the Railhead here in Baltimore and onto the ship S.S. Minnow. I inquired about it and they said that it should take about 3 hours to ship the cargo.

I ordered from Freedom Lincoln Mercury, but it is being delivered to Freedom Ford. The sales woman is someone I work with wife. I am convinced I could have rdiien my bike (pedal power) to wherever the railhead is and picked it up there myself.....

lol. I called this AM to check on it. It doesn't matter when I call, they are always on the phone looking for my ST it seems.. Anyways she says it is in. I have to go meet her at Freedom Linc. Merc. and ride with her to Freedom Ford to pick it up. Hope it is all good. Would suck to find out that it ended us with cloth interior, or a V6, no sunroof, and no PDBL...Those would be no sale for me!!

Yep, your ship is in! Good thing they got your ST off before it sunk!

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the dealer. My '07 is exactly as I ordered it. When I got there it was still covered in plastic, and the interior was still covered as well. Had 4.2 miles on it. Took them a long time to get it all ready to leave. Now I am getting ready to go out and strip the stock radio out and put in my Z1 already. Has less then 20 miles on it and the old HU is already out!

I didn't snap any tonight. Tomorrow I need to take it by the dealer for some photos for a calendar they do. I'll take my camera and get a couple of shots then.

Ordered mine May 22 and still have yet to hear anything, Just thought it was a dealer dance I can see that is not true.