Where should I stick this?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
Hehe.. I knew that would get ya'lls attention.. Where should I put my new badge?:huh: (Yes, I know there's no SVT, but when I'm done I'm hopin it'll run like one ;)) Thanks for any help guys. I think I'm taking the explorer emblems off so I'm leaning more towards the tailgate. What do you guys think?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the engine bay location... The other ones are too flashy for my taste and make me think of the Type R badges that I see on a lot of el cheapo hyundais around here....

Chet- I tried, it looked too cluttered. The more I move it around and look at it, the more I don't like it... It looked cool when I saw it, but now I'm thinkin it's too much.

Thanks for the input. I just liked the badge. I thought it would have evened (sp?) out the red on the tailgate once i took off the explorer emblems. I understand your point.

As mentioned above, True Sport Tracers know there is no such thing, but I noticed one of your choices was on the air bag section on the passenger dash. I am not sure what it is made of but if metal, magnet etc., just note that if that if the air bag deploys with someone there, it might fly into their face at a fast speed.

If anything and if you're removing the Explorer badge on the tailgate, move the Sport Trac badge up and put the SVT one underneath.

Don't cheapen the meaning of "SVT". Put the emblem in your tool box or some other place where you might keep a collection of such things.

I own a real "SVT" 04 Cobra. The badging on my vehicle represents special engineering as well as a heavy duty, hand built engine.

I also own an 03 Sport Trac, which I know can never live up to the "SVT" name, without a complete engine and driveline transformation costing thousands of dollars. Even then, it may not make the grade.

Put the emblem away. The only people who would notice the "SVT" emblem on your Sport Trac are automobile enthusiasts. They are the people who would also know that you are just pretending to look like something you are not.

Don't put yourself down in front of other car and truck enthusiasts.

Your Trac looks great just the way it is, WITHOUT THE SVT STICKER!!

Sorry to make such a big deal out of this but you did ask the question, "Where should I stick this?" :)

David <><

What hamraidoextra said.

Don't put SVT stickers on a vehicle that isn't SVT.

Instead, let the Ford marketing guys place these stickers where they belong; on vehicles that are "hyped" to be better than their counterparts and for which they charge several thousand dollars more. ;)

TJR

hey, you can't use that as i have the only " svt " !!! :wacko:

look closely under the explorer emblem

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: