Where to get shackles ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Reaction score
Where can I order shackles for my 02 4x4 ST and how much lift can I get out of them ? My truck is at home and Im traveling on the road but the local truck center suggested blocks. If I can use blocks what are the pros and cons between shackles and blocks ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

You can get the shackles from Tellico 4x4, this is where I bought mine (link at the bottom). I have never heard of lifting blocks but I have heard of lowering blocks. The shackles are very easy to install and this is how I would do it-even if lifting blocks do exist. You can get about 1 1/4 inch of lift but if you put on 285/75/16 tires you can get a total of about 3".

George

Right, a sprung-over axle can be lifted by either blocks, shackles, or taller springs with more arch. Sport Tracs (and Explorers) are sprung-under so you can only lift them with shackles or taller springs.

4 Wheel Parts has them too. I didn't see them on the website but when I called they had the WAR-153 units that we need, I had them in a few days. Ehh, it's Christmas, everybody is busier.

Last edited by a moderator: