Where to put the A/V components?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're doing a receiver with a DVR, DVD and speakers, the TV will simply become a monitor and only need video to it, unless you're pulling in OTA stations with the TV and want to send that audio TO the receiver.

Also, with the Hot Link, you can put the eye somewhere other than by the TV and use one of the IR blasters for the TV as well. However, habit will force you to point the remote at the TV. Even with my RF 890, I still find myself pointing it at the TV for everything.

If you are running any wires from the closet to the tv, just run a couple of feeds just in case for later.. the wire isn't expensive relative to the time and labor involved in running it. All the extra wiring can just be tucked in behind the face plates.

But Dan is right, you should only need 1 video signal line, assuming you run a receiver than will switch all your inputs for you.

BillV, make sure while you are doing this you run Cat-5 to your closet, then again from the closet to the TV. High-end TVs are already coming with Ethernet ports, and if you ever want to have a Tivo, a SlingBox or Netflix streaming box (Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player, or Roku box) then you will be glad you had the Ethernet.

TJR

Thanks everyone! Great advice all around!

If you're doing a receiver with a DVR, DVD and speakers, the TV will simply become a monitor and only need video to it, unless you're pulling in OTA stations with the TV and want to send that audio TO the receiver.

Yep--that's exactly the case!

Latest posts