Whew.......what a day......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Today was spent working on Sport tracs all day.....

Mine and George C's...

We installed his y pipe and thats where it started with the manifold studs snapping, other bolts being stripped, stuff not lining up right......sheesh .... :angry::angry:

After many hard wear and auto parts store trips we got it installed...:cool:

IT does sound great....:wub:

Next we installed the under drive w/p pulley and the other blue Alt pulley. Then some engine dress up stuff.... Chrome caps and blue hose coverings. :cool:

The pulleyes fit great, BUT yup you guessed it, since they are not meant 100% for a ST we had to take another trip to the parts store and buy new belts....

The instructions say the ones on there should fit,. but NOPE !!!!!:angry::angry:

SO now we start on my ST with the pulleys and engine dress up... Got that all done...

Then Go to install the aftermarket ignition system, and yup, you guessed it... NO GOOD !!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

The coil is 180 degrees out of firing order and the wires on my truck are not long enough to switch....SO we put the stock stuff back on....:angry:

Next was the fuel Gauge, Got the one from summit racing I ordered, TOO big... DAMMIT!!!!

So now I am waiting for special Ford adapters...:angry:

I We just finished cleaning up.........:wacko::wacko:

It am not complaining about this stuff, But if you plan to do performance stuff be prepared as to what can happen....:)

Thanks for letting me rant....:rolleyes:

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun. I just finished repairing my passenger side HID setup (had to run it off a relay). Works good as new again. Had to replace a fuse in my flip down TV (I left the fuse up in the headliner when I installed it 3 years ago, it blew, and was a major PITA to change. It's now in a more reachable location). Planning on getting the pulleys as soon as I get some more info and wait on a few more parts.

I spent the day cutting frame rails to get an oversized radiator to fit the '66, Pulled the headers to trim the bellhousing so that the headers will bolt up tight, fabbed up some radiator mounts, um, I think that's it.

With almost nothing on the '66 actually made or meant for the '66, I feel your pain. Just about every part has fought me in going on, and I've still got several big hurdles to jump, including actually starting the motor, brakes, rear wheels, and interior. Oh, and the body. Still gotta smooth out those long ass body panels.

I spent the night yelling at Chad Henne until I went hoarse. Then I silently yelled at Morelli and his lack of a football mind (mental clock, decision-making, etc.). Just got back a little while ago. Though it ended with a loss, things look really, really good for next year. And it felt great to be back at the alma mater.

That's a lot of mechanics work for one day. I can understand your frustration but at least you were doing something you have a passion for. ;)

Glad that you got the mods done, as being a mechanic for 17 years now, that is what makes it fun when you have to make it work. When are you going to get some pics posted of the new mods.

Duece

My daughter had a party with a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds.....I wish I had been there with Todd and George. [Broken External Image]:

I spent the day drinking beer and watching football. It was tough but hey, somebody's got to do it. ;)