Which IAC do i have?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Ok, im still having the rough idle and i cleaned and recleaned the IAC, my mechanic said i most likely need a new one... '01 103k I can do this swap myself, so i called for to order the part. I was told there's 2 of them for the trac, one being $113 and the other being $86. How do i know which one i have? did the Job 1 and Job 2 have different ones? The guy said something about the engineering number on it, does anyone know where that is?

Thanks

Andy

Should be by production date,, The job 1 and job 2 are different...

The IAC that is on the 2000 4.0 explorer with the 4.0 should be the same one....

Todd Z

That seems pretty high for an IAC why not go to www.rockauto.com and buy it there I believe they have 2 (by production date for the 2001) that you can buy 1 being like $48 and the other like $50ish plus they usually have discount codes you can use also. Just a suggestion. For my job 2 i got a Motorcraft IAC model CX-1915

You may be able to get by with simply cleaning the old one. Get some Throttlebody cleaner and clean the IAC and the Throttlebody and it will only cost you about $5-$6 and about an hour of your time.

...Rich