Which muffler to buy?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Ok, now im in the market for an aftermarket muffler...im going to keep the same exhaust system and just switch out the mufflers...What i'm looking for is something thats very loud, but not illegally loud, under acleration, AND also the same loudness leveling off at cruising...In other words i want something to scream all the time. lol What are my options? im not really familiar with exhaust companies.

Thanks

Andy

Keeping with the stock size pipe a flowmaster 40 or cherry bomb will be the loudest, OR just run a straight pipe....

Because of the stock sized pipe you will not get it as loud as you want it... And there is a resonator in the tail pipe that would have to be removed also..

You will wind up cutting and hacking the stock system..

Don't know what the budget allows but i would upgrade to at least 2.5" pipe from the cat to the tail pipe..

Todd Z

Replace the muffler with a pipe and leave the resonator, to cut out the raspy sound...

If it is too loud, put a glass pack in place of the pipe...

Last edited by a moderator:
I will still need to pass emissions in NYS....Whats the cheapest way to go with this while still being legal?

Thanks

Andy

Muffler changes will not effect the emissions...removing the catylitic converters would though..

Glass pack mufflers or the cheapo turbo mufflers are the chepest...$17 to $30...plus installation...