Which SCT Model? A or B

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAN PETERSON

Reaction score
:)What is the model number of the SCT SF tuner for my ST? Is it SCT-9415B or SCT-9415A. Can I buy a used one and have it re-flashed? Does SCT charge for new tunes if you buy a used flash tuner?What are the advantages of custom tunes from say Bamma Chips? I have K & N CAI and Flowmaster single with a glass pack to quiet things. It's taking in lots of air, at times too much. I just hit 20K on my 02 and I want to open her up a little more and get better MPG, as well as tow a small boat. There is four much needed answers to my questions.

Thanks for your help.

Have you thought about contacting an SCT dealer and asking these questions? Or try the search function? Also just about everyone on this site uses the SCT XCalibrator2 tuner.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is NO specific tuner for your ST, they are universal and you need to locate your ST's computer code for the tuner to make you the tunes you want...

You can buy a used one but there is a cost to unlock it if the previous owner DID NOT FLASH IT BACK TO STOCK, if they did it has to be unlocked via computer software you can download form SCT or a tuner can unlock it...

SCT and all tuners charge for tunes, they are not free with a used tuner or a new one....

You can get a performance tune and towing tunes and adjust things from there, just let the tuner know what you want...

I personally have used Doug from BAMA chips and I am very happy with the results, We have even been playing with experimental tunes.

Torrie our other site sponsor also does tuning and I have heard good things about him as well...

Hope this helps,

Good luck and speed safely...

Todd Z

:lol:chad.

One of the pluses to a forum like this is you get a less biased opinion from users of products as opposed to dealers of products. If you can't answer the questions posed, why chime in? Thanks for the answers to my previous questions Todd Z.

Your best bet is to go with the good ole 9400 Xcal 2 and have someone build custom files for your specific application. I do this for a living so if you have any questions at all feel free to ask me.

[email protected]

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

http://www.srt8tuning.com

SCT Custom Chip / Flasher dealer

Wideband Dyno tuning is back on !!!

Latest posts