WHO CAN PRORGRAM XCAL's?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
Hey fellow ST'ers! I am going to be receiving an XCal 2 shortly in a couple of days and I need to know who can program it for my Trac. I know HypIll is a bit screwy right now or whatnot, so who is next on the list? Please give me contacts and possibly prices. Thanks, DD ST

Here is an email response from Doug at Bamachips.com. He has been very quick with responses to my emails. All the dealers I talk to are telling me to try the XCAL2 tuner and remove my Apten chip. They say it is a big difference, so I am just unsure if I will sell my unit or keep it and try it out.

Hope this helps.

HI Chad,

I normally get $75 per tune and $185 for three for mainly my new 05-07 GT customers but for the ST and other Explorer guys I'm willing to reduce it to $100 for three tunes or $50 a peice. I do ALOT of adjustments with the new Drive by Wire settings on the 06 and newer Explorer's and ST's and in doing so I've had to put alot of time and effort in developing the tunes. If you have these settings off then you will go into fail safe mode and the throttle will shut down.

As for support once you purchase a tune from me anything you may need for it I dont charge for. This is forever, not six months. I have customers from 04' that have changes tires or gear ratio's now that they are out of the warrenty period and I'll gladly update them with new tunes. I also email tunes out daily and dont mind doing so as alot of SCT dealers require you to return the X-calibrators to them.

I know Brian Herron of the old Apten personally as he was the guy who started me in my tuning and helped me to learn how to tune these 4.0's and other engines. I've been working with the 4.0 engine since 93' and have created custom installed Superchargers on three SOHC 4.0's before anyone even had anything available. I now do the tuning for Explorer Express on all of their X-charger kits and we've come along was from their early days with Diablo.

Just let me know if I can help and I'll be glad to.

Thanks, Doug.

Edited:

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator: