Whose Exhaust Is This!??!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
While playing around online I ended up at www.cardomain.com. never been there before. did a search on sport tracs. apparently alot of you guys have. :lol: but while looking at some pics I ran across a guy whose handle was big5tymer... are you/is his a member here? because this exhaust system is insane. and i'd like to get some info on it. he has duals... the other side is the exact same and it looks like you can use it as a running board too.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen pipes like this usually on bigger trucks (dodge and ford) sometimes none functional and just for looks and only about 4 or 5 that were functional. Most had a nice big block tone due to the V8 never heard a V6 with pipes like this tho.

I thought those things went out of style in the 70's. Used to be big on custom vans. Yikes!:wacko:

Well, I suppose they don't look any worse than a set of rock sliders although I don't think they would work quite as well. :blink:

They need to be longer to match the truck better. Now we need to get some of those pipes that have the four pipes curling into the main pipe, looking like your header collector is right out there on the side of the truck! Now that's real 70's custom van type stuff there!

This set up just doesn't seem legal though. looks like he just threw these suckers on and got rid of all the precats, cat, and muffler That would be loud enough to wake the dead... to loud for me

They may be completely for show. That always disgusted me when the van craze was big in the 70's. Even as a kid I understood that sidepipes on a vehicle with a stock exhaust sticking out the back meant the sidepipes weren't hooked up, and were only for show.