Why are Girl Scout cookies so addictive?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"MMMMM Girl Scout cookies" - Homer Simpson! LOL

Thank God they don't have too many variations of the Thin Mints (They're my absolute favorite). I've seen them with both white and a chocolate cookie as a the base.

They always seem to have a lemon type cookie. The one's this year are OK (like a single lemon shortbread with a thin lemon coating on the bottom of the cookie). A few years ago someone i bought GS cookies from had a lemon sandwich cookie. The cookie parts were light & flaky and had a dusting of sugar crystals on them. This person lived in another county and I only could get these for a few years. Those lemon cookies could give my Thin Mints a run for number one IMO!!

Gary G

You get a sugar high then you want to keep eating them to avoid the sugar crash.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_76aXcVDH8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_76aXcVDH8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
gary g

what diet are u on? im recovering from a broken leg and surgery, and could lose some weight to help get back into football shape again

and hey when u guys find out what makes them so addictive, tell me so i can stop buying the samoas, gesh those rock!

Reaper:

I'm on the modified Adkins diet. I try to keep it under 100 grams of carbs. I've done the under 30 grams years ago and felt like a Zombie. I do at least 7 miles per night on my NordicTrac static bike. I really miss the mass quantities of carbs. Good thing about the Adkins is you can eat a bunch. I do a lot of chicken, turkey, fish and pork. I also do a lot of salads. I hope to lose at least 40 lbs in the 2 months because we're doing a "Biggest Loser" contest at work. My son said he'd quit smoking if I won this so I have double the motivation. The biggest thing is to maintain after I get to where I want to be.

Good luck with the recovery,

Gary G