Why i got lousy mileage on this tank.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
Just did my latest MPG log entry and got only 14.25 mpg for my latest fillup.

But I know why. I took my granddaughter to the Children's Hospital in Seattle. Stayed at the Ronald McDonald House. We went out for awhile last night and got back about 10:00 pm. About 2:00am the front desk called me in the room and said the security guard found my ST running and the had the keys there. It had been ideling since I got in. Somehow I left it ideling and lights on and went to bed.

I was tired. But geeze! It was confusing when we got in. The vent fan for the parking area was going, I was half asleep....etc.

So I guess my MPG is not too bad, considreing.....

Last edited by a moderator:
If it had not been inside locked underground park lot it would have been gone, especialy where I used to live in Tucson. Just 60 miles to the border. But the Canadian border isn't much farther from Seattle.

But by same token if it had been on street I probably would have heard the engine running and locked it tighter than a drum like I normally do.

I think it was because of the exhaust fan in the underground parking garage right above the trac that prevented me from hearing the engine. But if I hd locked it running it most likely been out of gas by the time we went to the hospital at 7:30 am.

80 year old man here in Worcester Ma. just died today for that exact same thing. He and his wife left the car on in thier attached garage and went to bed. Neighbor noticed shades not up in the morning and checked in. Found wife dazed and confused and the husband dead! Be careful!:(

don't feel bad at my company, we have had many captains walk away from an aircraft, only to be called later, while they are sleeping at the hotel, to go back to the airport because they forgot to shut the engine down ! ! Scary but very true! Sounds like you were pre-occupied with your grand daughter, hope she is ok...