Why the tranny Fails and what about 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary L

Reaction score
Well I'm curious to why so many of us had to rebulit ,or repair our Transmisson that have under 50,000 miles on it.I was looking farward to get into the Adrenalin or the 07 ..but i'm kinda of scared.My wife has a Titan and she's trying to convince me on getting a Nissan Frontier but i really don't care for them, but being as whats going on with the ST men , i biggin to think maybe i should stay away from Ford altogether and get a Nissan 46000 mile and i have to fix my tranny so when i get to 100,000mile is this mean i have rebulit again

'07 will have a 6speed "new/updated" tranny. May not be a bad thing to go to ford and do some research on the new tranny and see if it's actually "new" or an updated 5r55e. If it's updated, I would avoid it.

Well Q you are the lucky few here

I think that you have that backwards Star36, The majority here have not had tranny issues. I personally have owned two STs 01 and 03 and neither had tranny issues. I feel for the people that are having problems but it is only a small percentage of people on this site.

105000 + miles on my Tranny in my '02 ST and it's as smooth as the day I got it drove out of the dealership with 3.5 miles on it. No problems as of yet (knocking on wood as I type).

But I understand what your saying, I was tempted almost to not get another Ford after I had to get rid of my 2002 GT Stang 6 months after driving it out of the dealership for having various drivetrain problems that Ford would say they fixed and then 2 weeks later there it went again and after another "repair" one month later same-o-same-o problem with the trans and this time the rear diff had also called it quits.

IMO it's a trial by fire deal with just about any car anyone buys, what may be good for one person may end up being junk to another no matter how good it seems to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 speed v8 only..

5 speed v6.

For now any way...

Todd Z