Wifi OBDII Scanner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Packer

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Bluetooth/Wifi OBDII Scanners. Im interested in gettiing one but the reviews are mixed on amazon. Im saving up for a wedding and dont want to be blowing money on garbage. Just looking for some info.

Randy

I have the $29 Amazon OBD2 sending version and an HP IPAQ with Windows Mobile. I use HOBD Drive as the software that reads the bluetooth signals.

It is very informative, It can track MPG's instantly, which can cause you to drive better (if you want to) and track intake temps to see if your mods do anything etc.

I use it every trip. Got 20.2 on a short trip to a winery this weekend (25 miles on a 55 mph road) with the stock tune. That number dropped to 19.4 after 2 trips back and forth to work and will probably keep dropping down to around 18.8 overall.

Or, just save your pennies and get one of these from our site sponsor Torrie:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PYYm7bbAe50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DoctorCAD, Can you tell me more about your device? I am interested in using A OBDII Bluetooth with my iPad to monitor engine data.

What do you use and where did you buy it?

Thanks

Steve

Bluetooth ELM 327 Scanner OBDII PC Car Diagnostic

Got it from Amazon. The device plugs into the OBD2 port and spits out any OBD2 info that your vehicle has the ability to read, It does not matter what car as long as it is OBD2. I have used it in 3 different cars and they all work.

Now, as far as iPad goes, you are on your own. I don't support closed programming, so I don't know for sure, but I have read that apple will not let OBD2 stack be read because they won't pay the iPad mafia fees. Android, on the other hand, has hundreds of apps that will work with this device (many free) and I have a Windows Mobile device that also has hundreds of apps (also free) that will work.

I have an Android phone. Which app would you recommend that works the best?

I am going to order the OBDII device you recommend.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Steve

For android OBD2 software, I'd suggest Torque. I use it, and it works without any problems with those cheap BT OBD2 adapters... I also purchased alOBD ScanGenPro a while back (also purchased several modules for it at the same time), but haven't used it much.

I cannot get it to work on with my Android phone. It will pair but not connect. The Amazon seller tells me it will not work with Android. I tried 2 different "Torque" apps with my Android phone.

Any ideas.....?

Thanks

Steve

Latest posts