Will a GSX-R600 fit in the bed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GSX-R600 will fit in the bed but you won't be able to use the bed extender. My CBR1000RR fits in the bed with the tailgate down but the rear tire will not fit within the bed extender. You don't need the bed extender, all you need is 4 good tie down straps and you're set.:)

With my SV I use a canyon dancer on the clipons and then a ratchet strap to each tie down in the front. Then I run one through the passenger pegs to each of the rear tie down points.

Use 2 straps (one on each side) from the handle bars to the hooks at the bottom front of the bed. I use a device called a Canyon Dancer on the handlebars. It's a special straps that keeps you from having to place the hooks directly on the handle bars so you don't scratch them up. Use the other 2 straps from the rear foot peg mount (or sub frame) to the hooks at bottom rear of the bed.

I also use a device called a Sport Chock that will hold your bike straight up while you strap it down. They are a bitexpensive but well worth the investment if you will be hauling your bike around a lot. Check out the link, they actually use a GSX-R600 to demonstrate how it works. ;)

I don't use a chock and I haven't had any issues. It's definatly safer to use the chock, but like Lil Red said they are expensive..

Latest posts