will any other engine work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James B 3

Reaction score
I am replacing the engine in my 01, job 1 4x4. I cannot find a motor anywhere close to here with any decent milage to replace it with. Is their any other engine that will work besides the 01 job 1 sporttrac. explorer or ranger engine? any help appreciated

thanks

James, is it a Job 1 or a Job 2 version and, post your zip code. I can do a seach for you and provide a list to you..

Actually, here is all that was available in the 01 year.

So let me know which you have...

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport Trac, thru 7/23/00

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, exc. flex fuel; (VIN E); Sport Trac, from 7/24/00

6-245 (4.0L, SOHC), LHD, flex fuel (VIN K)

Any 4.0 SOHC from a trax, X, or ranger, should work, however you will need to check the egr and make sure it's on the same side as your current set-up to minimize additional work. The egr relates to the job of the vehicle as Coastie is asking above.

I found 647 engines in stock. They range in price from $200, (runs ruff) to $2300.00 (New in Crate).

The medium price of $400 seemed to have 90,000 to 120,000 miles but run well with 30 to 90 day coverage.

The $700 range seemed to have 44,000 to 69,000 miles.

If any of these are within the range your looking for, let me know. If so, I will get you very specific information. I suggest you getting your zip code to me, then I can tell you how far away they are from you.

Let me know if I can help...

Tom,

I honestly don't know.

I just recently went thru my mail and deleted just over 500 mails. I may have deleted yours by accident. Please re-send it and I'll do what you need.

Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
James, I JUST sent you a HUGE list of engines available to you. About 300 are on the list.

Sorry a bit slow, got sent to Germany and just could not get caught up.