Will the bed mat fit with the bed divider?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Barker

Reaction score
Hi all!

Like the title says, I have a new Ford bed mat for the 01-05 Sport trac. I also have the Ford bed divider. I'm just not sure if the mat has the holes made into it or not I haven't opened it yet. I guess that would be the only thing that could interfer with the divider. I really only use the rear half of the bed. The other side has a tool chest in it. I love the divider and I will not get rid of it, but if the mat won't work with it.... well I have a Ford bed mat for sale.

I think not, as it is designed to rest on the bottom of the bed and the mat adds about 3/8". Should be simple to trim the divider, however, it may be blow molded and hollow and that could pose a strength problem. Another option is to cut a narrow section out of the bed mat. It should be plenty heavy to not slide around. There would be an open space when the divider is not installed, though.

FYI - I used a speedbore bit to drill holes in the mat for the extender rubber bumpers; the same could be done for the divider.

Yeah, my bed extender won't lock in place in the bed without lots of pressure. I think drilling holes in the bedmat would defeat the purpose, though. I just kinda put it inside the bed and let it sit. Gravity is my friend. I only lock it in place when I put it out.

I drilled the holes in the mat the same size as the rubber bumpers (about 5/8") and they do not leak with the extender stored. To me, the purpose of the mat is to prevent damage to the bed. A couple of holes does not defeat this. Sure, when the extender is extended, some dirt, dust or liquid may get under the mat, but it's not sealed on the perimeter anyway.

Latest posts