Window removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ummmm ? why ???

Etching, tinting, glazing?

Remove door panels, Loosen mounting bolts, remove window inside trim rubber and slide window up and out at an angle....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you know, ALL tint shops do this with the windows ON the truck.....

IF your doing it your self, Just use the tint back wards on the OUTSIDE of the window, cut and trim, then install flipped over on the inside of the window...

Just use a rubber squeegee to get it behind the felt at the bottom...

Todd Z

well see the problem is i dont fit in the garage at the tint place.... and they brought up the problem that if they do it outside dust and stuff like that will keep the tint from drying the way it should. so i have to take the windows out so they can tint them inside. lol

ummm, Never heard that one before.... All of my trucks windows and all my cars where tinted in the great out doors on my driveway. I think I had 1 window wit a dust spec under it in about 16 windows.

Now that one has a scratch on it from a ring any way...LOL...

Plus the outdoors have no change on the drying of the tint unless it is below 35 degrees there at night...

Todd Z

Or find a shop that will get you pre-tinted glass. My buddy has an xterra and his parents owned a glass shop. He was able to order tinted glass for his front windows instead of tinting the glass.

Keep in mind, when you get your windows tinted your not supposed to lower them for three days. With that said, replacing the windows with tint may pose a problem with the tints longevity.

Latest posts