Windows XP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Aloha guys,

My computer has 2 operating systems installed. Both PX, I have deleted most of one but am not allowed to delete SYSTEM 32 and any HIDDEN files. Do any of you know how to remove windows from the computer? I don't want to do a clean install because I have a few programs that have been downloaded and fear I will lose them.

Thanks and God bless Ed

JD, the active one is good. The other one is corrupted and that is the one that I want to delete. I am afraid that If I reinstall, I will loose some of the programs that I have downloaded.

Try hitting F8 as the system is booting, that will put you into safe mode. In safe mode, no programs are running, only the operating sytem. You should be able to delete what you want. Be careful.

Also, you can download a program called "file unlocker" it will allow you to unlck the file and delete it. I can zip that program and send it to you if you like. It is very small and safe. It will show up in windows explorer when you right click a file. Just select file unlcoker from the list. Very simple and very safe.

Gerry

Did you partition the hard drive and install the second xp?

Did you uninstall or just delete the corrupted windows installation ?

If the corruption was caused by bad thangs you may have to do a fresh install

If you installed to a separate partition , you should be able to reformat that partition to remove the files

Maybe the files you are trying to delete are read only. You need to change that and make sure your user account has full control of those files in order to delete them.

Latest posts