winter shoes on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S 3

Reaction score
Wanted to share a picture of my Adrenalin with a set of '05 mustang GT wheels and Firestone Winterforce 245 70 17 tires. Not looking forward to the salt and mess of the first snow but when it comes I'll be ready!

The adrenalin wheels will be getting a good cleaning and possibly powder coated over the winter to be ready to go back on in the spring.

The Mustang wheels were a perfect fit, good backspacing and don't look too out of place I don't think!

ad0232652196ee2cd3b11840c8e60802.jpg

eb600fcfc572a7adf6ad7e91eb53d1dd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
about to get some winter tires also. Had 245/65/17 winters last winter but there are toast.

Will probably being getting some Bridgestone Blizak DM-V1. Still not sure if i will get 245/65/17 or 245/70/17 or 235/65/17 last 2 are 10$ cheaper. this also an options 255/65-17 choices lol

visit Zeibart for used car rustproofing. best $400 bux I ever spent. the stuff they spray is a waxy rust inhibitor.

kcirtap, how many miles did you get out of your last winter tire set? not sure how many to expect out of these. guessing the compound is pretty soft, but hope i can get a few seasons from them..

As far as sizes go, the narrower the tire the better they do in snow. I'd go for 245 or smaller, especially if they are cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure on how long tires lasted. I bought the truck last august and they gave me a set of used tires and winter rims that were only good for one winter. Hence me looking for replacement. deciding if i want 245/65/17 or 245/70/17 might chose the 245/70 since they are actually cheaper by 10$ a tire.

From the full view. Those wheels look good, on it. Still will look good for winter.

Needs the lug covers....

Your right about the offset, looking right.

So I'v had an education on ford TPMS sensors the hard way...

I bought a set of 4 ford TPMS pn# 9L3T-1A180-A for these wheels thinking they would work, but they don't. They can't be programmed to our system. Will only work for 2011+ explorers, and a lot of other ford vehicles, but not the ST's. Guy that sold them to me indicated that they fit 'most fords 09+'...

Looks like I will need a set of something like PN LE6L2T aftermarket sensors, since I want to stay away from the OEM band style sensors. Have had two bands break when mounting tires on the factory wheels. Next set of tires for the summer wheels I'll be switching out the band sensors for a set of stem mounted sensors like these too.

Mike some tire jockey's can break any type of sensor..

I have a color PDF from ford the proper way for the band type tire work. I can post it or email it if you want.

Glad i went with 245/70/17 fill up fenders better.

My old 245/65/17 winter tires. can't really see...

[Broken External Image]:

New Bridgestone DM-V1 245/70/17

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Hi.

Thanks for sharing pics and info about winter tires. Was wondering if I could use in a sport track adrenaline 10 a set of 235/65/17. The dealer is only recommending p245/60r18.

Thanks

Latest posts