wire location

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Wills

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the parking light wire? I need to find this wire to hook up the fog lights I am installing.

Thanks

J

I tapped the positive wire for my fogs into the relay socket for my factory fogs. Now my installed fogs come on with my factory fogs. What year is your ST? It is kind of difficult to explain but I could probably send you some pictures to show you how I did it. I have an 05.

I have an 04, but it did not come with factory fogs. I cut out the holes in the bumber and mounted the lights, but need to run the wires, the diagram for the wires has one going to the parking light wire.

Jeff, I think the best you could do is take the corner light assembly out and disconnect the connector. With a tester, check which wire is hot when the other parking lights are on. There should be three wires, one for ground, one for parking light and one for signal light since the bulb is dual filament. You could tap into that for the switching power to the relay for your fogs. With that set up, your fogs should remain on even with high beams. Factory installed fogs are off with high beams. Direct connection to the battery for the main power to the fog lamp relay is best to avoid overloading the parking light wiring.

Latest posts