Wiring fogs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Kent

Reaction score
I come here because someone will know how to do this....

I found prior relay wiring diagrams that match how I wired my off road lights on my Sport Trac but this situation is a little different.

I have a KIA Sedona minivan (wife's daily driver). It did not come with fog lights. I bought the fogs and wiring harness but am being challenged as to how to wire them.

The problem is that the low beam (projector) stays on when you turn on the high beams.

Normally I would wire the relay to the low beam wire and when you activate the highs it trips the relay and cuts off the fogs.

If both low and highs stay on how do I wire the relay or relays to turn off when the highs are on keeping in mind the lows are also on...

Diagrams would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Did you buy the factory fogs and harness?

I believe two relays would be necessary to do what you want. My time is short @ the moment but I'll sketch it out this evening if nobody jumps in before.

Fred, i got tied up last night helping my daughter review for her exams today. I have it just about done this morning and will send it to your email listed as soon as I get back in, around noon. Hope I am not delaying your progress.

Here it is in my Library. It's basically a tweeked diagram from the Ford add-on fog light kit. I lucked out and found that, looks better than my drawings!

It allows options as to when the fogs are activated and the provision for the high beam circuit to kick them off.

Anyone that sees a mistake please let me know. I think this does what you want though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, looking at it makes it seem alot simpler than I was thinking about.

I appreciate you taking the time to research and post it.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening when I get a chance to work on the lights how it worked out.

Steve,

Just got done cleaning up in the garage. Wiring schematic worked like a charm and my fogs are now legal. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out with the diagram. Fred.

Latest posts