Woke up this morning, no clutch!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they're using a Ford slave... the parts house slaves are notorious for failing very quickly from everything I've read. If not, make sure its got a good warranty that includes the labor to replace it should it fail again.

I hope they're using a Ford slave... the parts house slaves are notorious for failing very quickly from everything I've read. If not, make sure its got a good warranty that includes the labor to replace it should it fail again.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll ask what they used

-EDIT-

All ford parts except the clutch which was lucas and is supposedly what Ford puts in there. 12m/12k on all parts and labor.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it was a bad slave cylinder ??

Todd Z

Bad master cylinder, bad slave cylinder, all the hoses were replaced, new clutch because the old one was leaked on and didn't have much life left anyway (I'd rather pay $300 now then $900 later), new everything else that goes with the clutch and resurfaced flywheel. $1,164.65

They seem to think that someone was towing something big with it. Another shop told me the same thing when I did my shocks, I wonder if the first owner had a hitch and was doing something they shouldn't have been.

I have those wheels, but it's white and no trailer or hitch :)

I drove it this morning, still shifts like a bitch but it shifts.