worn out tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
I have 69K on my van's factory tires. they are pretty much shot and need new ones... It seems like the pass few weeks my "ride" has become very stiff and harsh. Everytime I hit a small pothole or bump, it jars the hell out of my back and rattles everything in the truck. So my question is, could the ride change because of the tires being worn or could my shocks be going bad, along with the worn tires? :cry:

Are the tires evenly worn?

Im not aware of evenly worn tires drastically affecting the ride. It may be the tires are so worn that they are no longer providing an extra layer of shock absortion. What they will do is affect your braking! I would bet it is more of a mentally perceived thing. You have put the bug in your mind and know you are super sensitive to any quirks.

My 2 cents

Jerry

Worn out tires will cause a "ruff" ride, and noisy as well. You don't have the tread depth to absorb any of the road imperfections and create noise as well. If you haven't changed the shocks in 69K on the work van, they are probably shot as well. I would think you have gotten your $$'s worth from both the tires and shocks if both are still OEM.

"Everytime I hit a small pothole or bump, it jars the hell out of my back and rattles everything in the truck."

Hey Key guy, I think your just getting old like the rest of us!

:supercool: