WOW!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory andonian

Reaction score
Had to post. Been laid off since Dec. and got a call today, that I will start back this coming Sat. Not a job paying anything substantial, but here in Detroit area; anything is better than nothing. :D

Luckily enough, I work in the medical field. We haven't been hit very much by the recession. Actually, where I am, the hospital's case loads have picked up. We are busy as hell. The hit the hospital takes is the money they have in stocks and such. I feel for those that have lost or are laid off because of what is going on. Alot of my co-worker's husbands have been laid off by the local mining company. It's been pretty rough for some of them. So, again, congrats and hope your employer can get everything back on line for you.;)

Thanks again stone..Here, the hospitals have taken a hit somewhat. But not like other areas. Just hope we can get the economy going strong again. Get our ST's rolling strong!!

congrats greg. true about just getting a job as some area's have been hit harder then others.

good luck :)

stone,

i am in the medical field (clinical,forensic lab) as well. we have seen a very slight decline over the winter, but last week we had our best ever. we attribute some of the decline due to the fact that patients were putting off their doc visits to save money.

you are seeing more hospital visits because people are skipping the doc's office and going to the e.r. instead.

again greg, good luck

Good for you, any job is a good job.

I also work in the med field but am getting Killed because of the layoffs in my local, no Insurance, you cannot come to my Hosp, period.

I have also landed a new job on the side (I now work 3 jobs).

In my new position I am a golf course turf technician, I report to work at 5 a.m

Than i drive my John Deer 4 gang mower to the G.C. Mow fairways for 10 hrs a day.

But even at 9 bux an hr, as my daddy said, any job is a good job.

am up for a buck raise next week, (as my fairways, are the best of the best)

work to your max capacity, even if you have a job that you consider demeaning.

In these times, any job is a good job.

Congrats Greg. I myself have been laid off from the railroad - it will be a year next month. In the meantime I found a job 8 months ago. It is a lot less money, but it is money. Hopefully the recession will end soon, so all of us hit by it, can go back to our lost jobs...

Thanks everyone. It is really bad out there and horrendous here in metro Detroit. Whatever any of us who have lost their jobs can get, is better than nothing. Just gotta keep checking job sites and company sites, we all gotta keep moving. :cool:

Latest posts