WTB - 01-05 Hitch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay has some pretty good deals if you take a look. I have seen some that are new and around or less than 150$ shipped. That might be the lowest you are going to find other than a local sale or used one I would suspect.

You can get a Valley hitch (with U-haul stickers on it) from U-haul.com for $135 shipped to your door. It's probably one of the best looking hitches and tucks under the rear bumper very well. People will probably tell you to boycott U-haul since they won't rent us trailers, but the fact is, they've got the best price you'll find on a new hitch.

Of all the hitches out there. Which one is the most hidden, for the gen 1 ?

The curt looks alot like the round tube hidden hitch. They are powder coated different colors. But I have never one mounted.

Thanks.

i found a bunch on ebay but most of them are the u-haul ones and the mounting brackets look flimsy. but i did find a reese for 128 shipped.

Mike D yup lol i live right there. i'm a firefighter in oceanside

In a thread a couple of years ago it was determined the Ford hitch fit up under the bumper better than the Hidden Hitch. I think Caymen had a picture of his.

There's nothing flimsy about the U-haul hitch, I was very impressed with the fit and quality of it. I'd like to have seen a captive nut design similar to the factory bumper mount nuts that would make it a little easier to install, but I was still able to install mine in a hotel parking lot in about 45 minutes.

Latest posts