WTB Factory Air Box

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Browning

Reaction score
Im looking for the factory airbox for a 01 ST. I went to a K&N filter a few years ago and threw my OEM box away. lately i have been trying to solve my detonation problems with the ford mechanics and they claim i need to revert back to the OEM airbox.

this is after having replaced a fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs, wires, MAF, and thermostat by them and still no solution.

please email me if you have one your are willing to part with. thank you.

Jason

I have one if you are still interested. It's an 03 but I think it will fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also check the common vacuum elbow, and check the o2 sensors...

AND be sure it is not the timing chain rattle....

ALL the above can cause or sound like spark knock and are easy to fix..

Todd Z

I'm in Atlanta and have one you can have, I'm not sure where you are, but you can have it if one of the other guys is not closer... Just lemme know.

Hi, thanks for the replys.

I dont really have anything to trade unless you want the cone filter on their now. As far as the timing chain rattle, when i had it diagnosed I suggested that but they said they hooked it up to some tool that monitored engine knock and when they drove it around they told me that was my problem and that the timing chain was not covered for my 01 Ford. it hasnt thrown any codes, and it only gets really bad when outside temps get hot, 90 and above. other than that you only hear it up big hills and usually in the higher gears.

As for my location I live in Southern AZ, but for the time being im in Artesia NM for Border Patrol School unitl end of feb.

The mailing address here is:

BPA (T) Browning, Jason

Session 642 Section A

1300 W. Richey Ave

Artesia, NM 88210

I m taking a trip up to Oklahoma City for new years and i was just going to pick one up there in a junk yard but send me an email of what your looking to get for it. Im not one to pass up a great deal after I have already spent $600+ trying to solve this problem with ford.

I looked at the elbow but I'll defintely reinspect it more closely.

Thank you, jason

[email protected]

Latest posts