WTB: Stock Airbox 2001 Job 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I just need the box itself that connects to the MAF and goes into the sidewall. The MAF piece should just screw into the box I think but I cant remember. Its been a long time. Switching back to stock because my dealer is blaming my engine knocking on after market parts like filters and performance Chips. I got rid of the Chip but still no luck. Ofcourse I'm thinking....why can everyone else use K&N filters but me. :(

The dealer tech is full of crap. The chip may have thrown the tune off enough to cause a knock, but I doubt it. And he's really full of $h!t about the filter. They love to use aftermarket mods as a scapegoat, either because they can't find the problem, or are too lazy and just want to stop once they see the mods, looking for an easy way out.

I'd go to another shop and get a second opinion. Also, post this problem on the main board. You'll get a multitude of responses similar to mine with regard to dealers and aftermarket parts. You might even get some troubleshooting ideas from the experiences of other members here.

Latest posts