WTF, how did i burn this much gas?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
responded to a working structure fire today from my EMS building to meet fire on scene, (made it there as the first truck was pulling up;))...approximately a 7 mile trip...now usually i NEVER beat on my truck at all...i am like the biggest baby with my truck seriously...but when responding to stuff like this, it's petal to the floor most of the trip...how on earth did i burn 1/4 tank on a 7 mile trip?

but i made first attack line in and we knocked the fire down and saved the house...:banana::cool:

'01 job 1, K&n intake (just cleaned it prior to responding), dynomax exhaust

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't burn 1/4 of a tank. Sender was stuck high maybe and fast driving made it settle perhaps. Bottom line is you didn't burn that much gas.

That's pretty rad Mike....just another day at work making a positive difference in someone's life. Really hits home especially during the Holidays :cool:

Sat through 8 hours of CME today....PALS class.

I think MikeC's right, you more than likely did not burn 1/4 tank of gas in 7 miles. Somehow I suspect the adrenaline pumping through your veins at the time is distorting the true underlying cause of your supposed drastic MPG drop :lol:

Drive it around for a few days and keep us posted. I'm sure she's homeostatic. :D

You didn't burn 1/4 of a tank. Sender was stuck high maybe and fast driving made it settle perhaps. Bottom line is you didn't burn that much gas.

blah blah blah, fuel, too much, etc. Now the important stuff- FIRE, FIRE FIRE!!!!! Give me the lowdown- size of house, how much fire, any rescues? Good job brother, keep up the good work.

fellow firefighter in IL

hahaha..thanks to all...i appreciate the help with the sender and the fuel system...seems to have leveled off after all...

Hawaiian...thanks man, i appreciate the comments...you do your fair share as well i know...

Freeport...i was actually on duty at EMS...we were running 2 crews for the overnight shift (volunteer, 00:00 - 08:00) i heard the fire tones go off around 02:00 for, and i quote from dispatch, "Co. 3 (my company) needed to respond to blah blah for the homeowner having trouble lighting his fireplace/possible chimmney fire." so i'm thinking ahh just another chimney fire, my boys will have it under control...well about 2 minutes late, my lieutennant signs on asking for a repeat of the address, but cuts himself off and says, "nevermind on the numericals, re-tone for a working structure fire at blah blah" so they tone again, all companies this time, and i make a bee line from EMS base to my truck...i got permission from my EMS crew to leave...as stated above, i was there in approximately 7 minutes, as i pulled up, 1 truck just arrived and another was about 300 yds behind...as i got geared up, E32 hit the scene lights and i saw heavy smoke conditions in a 1 and a half story wood frame, all occupants and pets outside of the dwelling...got an air pack, grabbed a set of irons and another FF so we could enter, upon entering, we grabbed an attack line and made entrance through the side door leading to the living room...outside crews were on teh roof venting, other's busting out windows...we found heavy fire on the B side wall (wall with fireplace), knocked it down but then we saw the fire above us, we radio'd that we had extension to the attic and roof and to remove personelle from that area of the roof...we then had another attack line laying water to the attic...that was the knock down,,,after that, just venting and overhauling...no more fire found, no re-kindle...stayed there about 2 more hours cleaning up and i went back to the meat wagon!

stay safe brothers!:cool:

Latest posts