wtf

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
well i had my brakes checked this weekend. and the thing is i had i wife take it in to had the brake don`e before i got home. in jan. now i`m told the pads are fine but i need all four rotors and a belt. so parts alone are over $400.00. that`s what you get for living at the beach and your wife doesn`t drive. i`m just venting and wtf is it with 4x4 rotors are cheaper the 4x2. now i wished i had 4x4. thanks for letting me vent. looking for a set of rotors.

HDT, go to the Autozone there on Atlantic across from publix. The rotors are significantly cheaper than you are being quoted and you can replace the pads also. Get all the parts and take them over to the hobby shop on the base and you can do it your self in an hour or so. they will even assist you if need be.

I'm up in Norfolk now, or I would give you a hand.

gp

The 4x4 rotors are a hat style rotor whereas the the 4x2 rotors have the bearing races built into them, that's why they're more expensive. When it comes time to do the bearings and seals, which you should do when you do the rotors anyway, you'll see a cost savings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts