X-Calibrator 2 Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
I just recently recieved my XCal2... I was pretty pumped to see what it would do for my ST... However... I tried the race tune on 89 octane first, drove around for a bit, and seems there is SLIGHTLY a little more torque, and the shifting is horrible... I heard lots of people say it firms up shifts, but it almost feels as tho it dumps it into gear quick, and pretty much a big jerk once in the next gear... 3-4th gear almost seems to lag a second then go into gear with a vengeance....

I am now running the performance tune, seems to run half decent, but after a little bit of harder driving (not racing) when I come to a stop at a light or what have you, it actually stalled 2x, and I caught it the other 2 times and put it into neutral before it stalled out... I adjusted the idle limits to around 750, and it seems quite a bit better, but at one time it began to stall out on me again....

What can I do to help this, I cleaned my IAC a month or so ago, I keep very good maintenance for oil changes and currently running Castrol Syntec 5W30....

I dont know if my expectations were much higher than what is possible for a tuner to accomplish, but I feel almost that it wasnt nearly worth what I had to pay for it.... Either that, or it needs a definate re-tune....

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

I would contact the tuner and double check the computer code, ALSO make sure your truck was never re flashed by the dealer and the code was changed.....

I think you shout go back to stock and re try the tunes again.... IF not, Contact the tuner, Something is way wrong...

Todd Z

I bought the vehicle 2nd hand, I dont really have a way to tell if it was ever reflashed... dont get me wrong, it does do something, just more bad than good I feel at this time.

Todd, should the tranny shift almost un noticable, or is there is good kick to it?

Depends what they adjusted....

They can firm it up but leave the converter unlocked a little longer so you don't feel the shifts, But if firmed up, you may get a bump feeling during the shift for a day or 2 so it can fully adjust....

I had mine one time chirp the tires 1-2 and 2-3 so bad it was violent and it shook the bed on the truck..LOL

Todd Z

Okay, well i will give it a day, because I just did it last night and MAYBE have 20km on it only...

Thanks for the info!!

These situations are very simple. First and foremost contact the person who you purchased the unit from. They wrote the calibration that you reflashed the vehicle with. If they do not know a problem exists they cannot help you.

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

http://www.srt8tuning.com

SCT Custom Chip / Flasher dealer

Wideband Dyno tuning is back on !!!

Yes, I was going to contact them, I just thought it might be somethign I could fix on my own with some of the things that you can do on the XCal2 Unit...

Latest posts