X-Plan question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
My 07' ST was due into the dealer next Monday, but they said that the plant was shut down for a week for vacation, so my ST won't be here until the 1st now. Anyways I will be using X Plan on it (thanks Robert Poole!) and just wanted to get some questions answered on it from some people who have used it before.

1. What exactly should I expect to pay in the way of fees?? I am bringing my own cash to pay for it, so no financing needed.. Should I expect to pay a dealer fee, prep fee, registration fee?

2. Am I still eligable for the rebates? I know there is the $1000 rebate on them now, I am active duty military, but I read somewhere that I can't use the military appreciation cash since it is X-Plan. Someone also told me about owner loyalty cash.. Anyone know anything about that?? I'm not trading my '01 in, sold that back in June, but I will be using the same plates off of it and the registration card said Sport Trac on it...

3. Should I try for the dealer financing to try and get a bigger rebate (Isn't it 1000+1000 Ford Motor Credit discount) and then just pay it off??

Thanks in advance for the help!!

You may want to find out which price is better. x-plan or taking all the rebates. When I purchased mine I got a better deal myself than using the x-plan pricing. If you have already ordered a vehicle you may not have much negotiating room since you have probably already agreed on a price but my recomendation is to always price it both ways.

You get the rebates with the x-plan. Just talked to a dealer today about that. Whatever incentives are in place at the time of purchase can be applied to the x-plan price.

All plans get the rebates but not discounts. Have the dealer sell you the Sport trac at Invoice price instead of X-PLAN. !! They are the same price and than you can use the $500.00 Military discount .I just did this Yesterday !! Also you must borrow at least $7000 from Ford credit and keep the loan for 4 months to get the other discount.If you dealer will not do this go some where else !!

Have the dealer sell you the Sport trac at Invoice price instead of X-PLAN. !! They are the same price and than you can use the $500.00 Military discount .

Sure...if you say so.

The X-Plan Price:

As an eligible X-Plan participant, you may purchase or lease eligible Ford Division vehicles at a special, predetermined price. This price is 4% over the Ford Employee (A-Plan) price, plus $150. Generally this price is below the dealer invoice price, saving you hundreds, even thousands of dollars on new Ford Division products. Dealer Participation in the X-Plan program is voluntary and determined on an individual basis; however, most dealers actively participate and are eager to accept your business. Vehicles may be purchased/leased from dealer stock or ordered.

Mind you this is from Ford program website.

Tom

1. What exactly should I expect to pay in the way of fees?? I am bringing my own cash to pay for it, so no financing needed.. Should I expect to pay a dealer fee, prep fee, registration fee?

If you use the X-Plan, the dealer can't charge you any of their B.S. "dealer processing fees". This is FoMoCo policy as part of the X-plan. All you pay is the price of the vehicle, sales tax, and the state registration fee. I bought my '04 ST at Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake, and that's all that was on my paperwork. If you see anything else, question it.

My wife works for Ford/Primus Financial in Brentwood, TN. I just referred her to this post

and she said the following:

You are entitled to the Ford X-Plan, if referred by an eligible family member or sponsor.

You are also entitled to any available rebates ( if any, on that particuliar vehicle), up to

and including Military, Owner Loyalty, Option Package Rebates, and any discount

financing from Ford. Since you seem to be a cash buyer, whether actual "cash in hand",

or a pre-approval from another lending institution, same thing, you obviously wouldn't

get the $1,000/$1,000 Ford Motor Credit financing monies. But everything else, you

are eligible for. Don't let them pull on you what Walker Chevrolet in Franklin, TN. tried to

pull on me! They said "Choose which one you want, because you can only get one or the

other". Bold Faced Lie! You get ALL that apply, and ALL that you are eligible for!

I.E., :

X Plan; (say it equals 1,600 off of the sticker, %-wise)$1,600;,

Military; $500;, Rebate on that particular vehicle; $1,500.

You now have a total off of this vehicle of $3,600. Not "Either/Or" as the Chevy dealer

tried to pull on me. As it seems Raul said, they gave him the either/or choice. NO!

If a Ford (or any other dealer) is caught doing this , they can be removed from their companies

"Preferred Dealers List". As Walker Chevrolet had happened to them after I turned them

in! What the dealers do is apply for all the rebates and incentives, and only give you a choice

of one of them. Then, when all the checks start rolling in to the dealer, they put them

in their pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not on My Watch!!!:cool::cool::cool:

The Ford website specifically states that the military appreciation discount ($500) is not eligible if using x-plan.

**- Qualifying buyers will receive $500 Bonus Cash good toward the purchase or lease of any new 2005/2006 model year Ford car, SUV, or truck (through F-550) Effective April 4, 2006 through January 2, 2007 (Pgm#31462). A/X/Z/D Plan sales are NOT eligible. Not compatible with other private offers. Transferable within household.

All the others are good. Depending on the processing fees, you may be better off negotiating to buy at invoice and using the $500 military appreciation. From what I've seen it's about the same. Tom, you seem to disagree with this. Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from my company's "Ford Partner Recognition" Plan:

X-Plan

Pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand.

The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice (except for

Land Rover and Jaguar)

Ford/Mercury

Invoice minus 0.4% of Invoice + $75 Administration Fee

Lincoln

Invoice plus 0.6% premium + $75 Administration Fee

Volvo

A-Plan + 2% of A-Plan

Land Rover

Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Regional Advertising Group fee and destination & delivery fee).

Jaguar

Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Advertising Association Fee and destination & delivery fee).

I guess different companies have different deals through X-plan. You'll have to find out what deal you have (maybe through Robert Poole?)....

GMAC allows the Military and the A-plan to be used together. Please don't tell me

G.M. has beaten Ford on this one, as I still have some animosity to G.M., GMAC!

:eek:

Thanks for all the replies. The price on my worksheet was just about equal to the invoice price. Add to the the cash rebate, and they come out equal (+or- 50 bucks). I'm just ready to go and get it!! I have another week to wait though. It gets worse as it gets closer! I was mainly concerned about them trying to throw in dealer fees, prep fees and the like. I didn't want to argue with them over something that they were allowed to charge for. I think it is crap that my military service doesn't apply since I am using X-plan. Don't they alreay know I am underpaid??? :lol: That is like a whole car payment!

Again ask your dealer to sell you the Sport Trac at Invoice !! The dealer gets the same amount of money from the deal and then you can use the Bonus.!! I was going to pay cash for my Sport Trac but instead took the $500 bonus from Ford Credit. $7000. min ,8% ,24 month term ,but will pay it off in 6 months ( ballon payments)

Also: CAYMAN I not only say so I have the proof in front of me and can send copies! I'm still waiting to hear what PWC insurance company you have that has such low rates.

Thanks

Agree with most comments above. I purchased through the Xplan also. I got the $500 from Ford for financing through them at 1.9%, put about $11000 down. Make sure that they show you the dealer invoice showing the x-plan price, plainly quoted on the bottom of the invoice. Also, there is no document fees that most dealers charge. That's about all I have to add to the above good advise. Good luck, and enjoy that 07,,,,,,,I love mine!

Hi A1C,

With the X-plan, you get all rebates and incentives that FoMoCo has on that certain vehicle. the dealer can't try to add any *fees* to it. As Caymon stated, you pay tag, tax and title basically. No *transfer fees* or *dealer prep* fees, or some of the other shady stuff that is known to happen. If you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Have a good one

Bob

Latest posts