X.S.T. needs Y.O.U ;)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well Here I go spending my money on the ST!

I need some info from some pros around here....

Rear Wheel Spacers - Where's a good place to pick these up? I see some on ebay, but they seem like they are too cheap to be true... anyone have experiences?

Second... WHICH Billet Grille has the full bars through tho whole top grille? I want to cut out my ford logo center bar thing, but I got to order a grill that fills the entire area.

Third, Brake Dust... my worst nightmare come to life. I have shiney chrome wheels and after a coulple hours of driving, they are almost black... What are some brake pads out there that create little or no dust?!

Thats it for now!

Thanks a ton in advance everyone.

Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads have no dusting... best pads i've ever had for keeping the wheels clean with great stopping power..

try tirerack .com

troy

Spacers: get only billet aluminum spacers and use either hubcentric rings or hole centric lug nuts to mount them to the vehicle. Ebay has some decent ones.

Billet Grille: I pass on this one

Brake dust: Use ceramic pads to drastically minimize the brake dust problem/

Thats my 2 cents. It would have been 3 cents, but I don't know anything about billet grills.

MikeC

The only thing I can help you with is the brake dust problem. Like said, get ceramic pads. Never really have to wash the vehicle due to black front rims anymore. Actually, when I wash the truck, the rims are usually the better looking of it all.;)

For all the negative things being said about the stock brakes (my own opinions included), I've never had problems with dust...neither on my original wheels or the chrome ones now (~30K miles). Just my 2 cents.

Chris,

I bought my spacers from this vender on eBay (link below). They appear to be good quality, billet aluminum. They also had good, friendly service.:)

I got 1.25" wide and since the studs are 1.5", I had to trim off the unthreaded portion of the stud. This was necessary since my wheels have no relief on the back like the stock ones do. Stock wheels fit with no trimming. Yours may or may not require trimming (a simple operation with a high-speed cutter).

Last edited by a moderator:
The best grill I found is made by T-REX Truck Products. I purchased it from JBM Sport Truck Accessories at www.sporttrucking.com. The part # is PTRX-20652. Even though the part shows for 01-03 I installed it on a 05. The bars cover all the openings in the top grill area.

You do realize that cutting off that center piece with the logo will result in openings where it attaches on each end. I would have preferred doing the same thing, however I couldn't come up with a good way to finish it off.

I second the Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads. Best brake pads ever made. Got mine through rockauto.com

Latest posts