XCal 2 Dealer/Tuner and also tune question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Who is programming XCal's now? I need to know so I can get my XCal programmed!! Should I go with the 87 or 93 octane tune. I am looking mainly for HP's and Mileage.....of course. :D What are the benefits of the 87 mileage tune VS. the 93 mileage tune? SHOULD I go with the Performance tunes or Mileage tunes? Thanks, DD ST[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we are allowed to discuss who/where the tunes/XCal came from unless the site sponsor, Wayne Foy is involved. For a little while longer I believe anyways... ;)

I personally think thats a bunch of crap personally. If the sponsors aren't responding.....then it's time to find someone else. That's my opinion. Why should we wait....if they are "SPONSORS" then they need to be ON the site they sponsor....such as this site! Thanks, DD ST

I ordered a XCAL2 from Hypnotic Illusions September 1 and have not had one single bit of communication from them. I am in the process of trying to get my money back and find someone else to supply the tuning. Since Hynotic Illusions is a site sponser, what is the responsibility of the site owner to make sure the sponsers are not ripoff artists, scammers, cheaters, thieves, liars, or scum sucking pigs???? Whats up STWS owners?? Thanks Dan O.

DD as far as the tune goes, the question is what EXACTLY do you want from them???

a 93 mileage tune is a complete waste of money....

ANY mileage tunes you get will HURT performance, and MAJOR performance tune like a race tune will hurt MPG..

if you get the happy medium ( which is what most get, almost the standard tune) you will get the increased performance and if you keep your foot off the floor you will get the higher MPG gain with it..

THE OTHER main question is this, do you have OBD port emissions testing by you??

if so you MUST flash back to stock to get the truck inspected. Thats because the performance tunes shut off the rear 02 sensor.

SO In your case since I don't see any racing in your future, I would get a 87 mileage, 87 performance and a 93 performance...

Todd Z

Dang Todd, thanks for the info. Dude, I am going to be real with you for a second....You know your stuff and I presonally think you are one of the best ST'ers on this site. No offense to anyone else, but you monitor questions on this site like crazy and always have an answer. Keep it up man. You are awesome!

About the tune, Yes, I would like a happy medium. Good mileage, an increase in HP, and the works. And about the racing, who said I don't race? Look at that thing! HAHA, no just kidding. Thanks alot for the response though. I really appreciate it bud. So yes, I would I guess, get the tunes you just suggested, the 87 mileage/performance and the 93 performance. How much does it normally cost for these tunes? Thanks.

-DD ST

Dang Todd, thanks for the info. Dude, I am going to be real with you for a second....You know your stuff and I personally think you are one of the best ST'ers on this site. No offense to anyone else, but you monitor questions on this site like crazy and always have an answer. Keep it up man. You are awesome!

:unsure::unsure::cool::cool:

And about the racing, who said I don't race? Look at that thing!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

How much does it normally cost for these tunes? Thanks

Every dealer is different, The tunes should cost the same or come in a package or come in a subscription offer....

I believe average is $60-$150..

Your quite welcome, And it only makes my head bigger.... :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Todd Z

We cant get anything out of the sponser..I say get the xcal where ever and tell everybody on the board about it...maybe lost money will get wayne off his arse....or get us another sponser..this situation has had enough time elaspe to resolve, one way or the other..JMHO

If you have good reason for dropping out,,,COMUNICATION is the key to happy customers

I just checked the sight sponsor area and it looks like Hypillauto has been dropped. I am looking at different companies.Vmp tuning and Bamachips. I have been emailing to vmp.They are very quick to respond back with answers and prices._Ron

VMP is indeed quick on the email, very good answers to questions, etc...

However... How does someone that knows nothing about tuning know they are getting the optimal tune... this is my question.

You can get the tuner anywhere, but its the tunes that matter most.

You can get the tuner anywhere, but its the tunes that matter most.

I agree 100%...

Thats why I said I would be willing to "TEST TUNES" from others to help them. IF people say they are the best, thats great, but only the dyno will tell...

I spent close to $500.00 bucks with Wayne's tunes on the dyno to get them perfect, IF people say other wise, send me a free tune and I will dyno on the NY dyno day.

Todd Z

Thanks for the posts guys!

-I also checked with VMP tuning. Bamachips is very hard to get in contact with. VMP is very helpful, of course pricey, but whatever.

Whenever you guy's find someone worth purchasing from.......POST ON THE SITE!

Who do you reccommend as of now? I am needing a tune from someone. Thanks, DD ST

You can also go onto the SCT website; you can do a dealer search for your area alot have dyno's and will do custome tunes for you while you are there. You can call and get information and even visit them before you buy.

Dave, The issue with doing that is the dealer MUST be signed up with SCT to do Sport tracs.

I have a #1 mustang dealer/tuner around by me, but SCT wants a lot of money for him to tune ST's...

it sucks !!!!

Todd Z

Tood z,

It seems like you r the man with the plan...My name is Bill and I am new to this site and trying to learn as much as everyone on this site is putting out. I feel kind of iggnorant asking this ? but all this xcal2 and octane talk and tunes and stuf can you take a min and ed ja ma cate me on this :wacko: I would appreciate very much.

Thanks,

Bill

I keep these in stock and can tune any Ford / Lincoln / Mercury / car / van / truck / gas / diesel from 1989-2007

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

http://www.srt8tuning.com

SCT Custom Chip / Flasher dealer

Wideband Dyno tuning is back on !!!