XCal & EPC ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
Should one get a different tune after adjusting the EPC? Will having it cranked make a diference in the tune?

I haven't done it yet, and I'm planning on getting an XCal, but I don't want to have to get it just to turn around and pay out for more tunes (Much as that'd help the sponsorship ;)

Stupid snow is killing all my plans.

When you ADJUST the EPC you allow it to run a HIGHER pressure.......

The XCAL and the trucks computer CAN NOT raise the MAX output of the EPC.... Plain and simple....

When you adjust the EPC you allow the tranny to work with higher pressures at lower throttle and give it a HIGHER MAX pressure...

SO yes, a tune adjustment may be needed, BUT with my shift kit, Stall converter and EPC mod, Torry's tune was Spot on and i did not need to do any thing..

Every tranny on the ST is slightly different..

Todd Z

Cool, b/c I don't think I'll have time in the next 2 weeks to change the fluid and give that valve a crank.

Though I'd like to get a 4x4 pan + filter, put the drain on that guy, install it back, then maybe play with changing the rear differential fluid, the rear super endlinks, etc etc.

You know how it is, once you start, you don't want to stop.