XCAL2 Basics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
I hear a lot of stuff about this Xcal programmer, but I don't exactly know what it is/does.

What kind of performance gains can I get? What is the difference between 87 octane and 92 octane settings? What octane should I use? What questions do they ask and would I really have to pay close to $400 to use it once?

Scott

Scott, It reprograms the onboard computer with what ever program that you tell Wayne Foy you want, and saves back the OEM program to the unit so that you can set it back to original program to take it into the dealer. It is limited to just your vehicle as far as programming, but you can use it on other vehicles for diagnostics. I got our with 2 programs; 1 for better gas milage & 1 for towing. It works Great. :D

I custom program every tuner that leaves here for your specfic modifications, fuel requirements, etc. You let me know what you have, what gas you want to run on, and I do the rest.

Average HP gains on 87 octane are 6-8 hp and around 10ft lbs of torque. On premium, I have seen as much as 14 hp and 17 ftlbs. With the tuner, you not only get more power, you get better mileage, much better drivability, no more slipping shifts (automatics), no more off idle delay. I make it a much more fun vehicle to drive :)

I take care ofr the members here, email me at [email protected] for more details.

Latest posts