xenon lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Huffmire

Reaction score
I did a quick search on here and there was realy only a small bit of information. What I want to know is has anybody upgraded to Xenon HID lights? and if so, what brand did you go with? is it just a bulb inside the same reflector or is it an entire assembley replacement? any other information would be helpfull too. :banana:

You COULD just go with a cheap eBay "HID upgrade kit" that will include a new HID bulb and ballast that is meant to go in the same spot a regular bulb is...but those are illegal and dangerous. If you care about others on the road, you'll not go that route and instead choose to add a proper HID assembly to the existing headlight housing. A little work, sure, but it's legal, unique, and responsible.

FWIW, usually, you waste money on "conversion kits". All the good bulbs and ballasts come from Germany (Osram and Hella), while nearly all "conversion kits" come from China. The bulbs and ballasts are cheap, will probably need replacing within a year, and don't provide the best light. There is more to quality headlamps then how bright the beam is. Heck, you could have a true 120W (very bright) bulb installed, but if it were red, it's useless as a headlamp.

should come with a bulb, wires, connectors, and ballasts, if your doing the fogs too then you might have too play with the pins on the connectors to make them work.....and I wouldn't get higher then 6000k, remember the higher the number is the less you can see at night, 10,000k looks nice but you cant see shit if it rains jus to let you know;)

Shouldn't go any higher then 4300K, really. That's the color OEMs use, and that's the "best" color for all around performance.

If all you want is a pretty blue color, get a set of blue tinted bulbs and be done with it.

no im ooking for something with performance, i dont car about the blue color. I just want somethng that I can see a little farther and brighter.

Latest posts