Xtreme Graphics Decals

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip Webb

Reaction score
I bought the "Tonka" graphics that are supposed to cover over the "Ford" emblems on grill and tailgate. Followed the instructions to a "T" and never could get the wrinkles out of the edges of the decals. No matter how much I tried, the decal is flat and the emblem is very concave and it just wouldn't lay flat to the emblem. Anyone else tried to use the Xtreme Graphics decals on the emblem?

I tried the front one first so I haven't messed up the back one yet. Any special tips or clues would be appreicated.

I asked the same question once about these decals as I was skeptical given the convex and was told that they simply do apply without a wrinkle. I hope someone else chimes in. Maybe there is a "trick" to it.

I installed two on my ST. I was concerned about this happening but neither one wrinkled. I don't know what the trick is though I guess I was just lucky. I think I may not have put enough dish washing detergent in my water, maybe that's it because it was very difficult to get the decal to slide.

Clean the Ford emblem really well, LIGHTLY spray the emblem and the back of the decal. Good luck.

2007 ST models have the large convex emblems. Previous years do not so you won't run into this issue. If you have a 2007 use 50% Alchohol to 50% water when applying the decal. This will help it stick faster to the stock emblem. Keep in mind I test all the sizes and I don't have a problem and that is because I install so many decals it's easy for me. In most case too much soap is used or the wrong soap is used so it will never dry.

That same size emblem is used on the 2004+ F-Series Trucks and I have sold quite a few of them with no issues.

Furthemore, if you have a problem with my products have the common courtesy to pick up the phone and call me or send me an email. 9 out of 10 times I will replace the decal at no charge to you including shipping. If I don't know about the issue...well then I guess it gets posted on the forum with no resolution.

make sure your stock emblem has been clay barred or goof-offed or something. I forgot to do that to one of mine before and it lipped up, the other was on perfect

Hey, Seattle Sport Trac, I wasn't complaining about you or the emblems they are great. You replaced the original ones that were the wrong size for the 07 without so much as a comment. Great company all around! I was talking about my inabilities at following the instructions correctly. I'm sure as hell not going to call a company long distance to tell them "Excuse me, I'm stupid and can't install your emblem correctly." Especially after I've already screwed one of them up beyond repair. For ten buck per emlbem including shipping, I'll just take the hit. I was just looking for a little help from someone who has been in my situation before. I hoped to be able to salvage the bigger emblem and still use it.

First I've heard about the alcohol/water mix. Thanks, I'll try that with the one on the back I haven't screwed up yet and hope for the best.

Skip - I actually get a lot of calls on how to install it. And, I don't mind helping. Also, with the alcohol/water solution you have less time to position the decal as it will dry real fast. Keep that in mind. And, a blow dryer will also speed up the process of drying the decal out when installed wet.

Even this time of year I use the blow dryer to install graphics as I don't want to be wasting time standing around waiting for it to dry.