You know what Ford looks good on the road..?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
...The Ford 500! Yeah, I 've see a few of these on the roads here in SoCal and they look really good in person. The pictures out there don't do it justice. It's a sleeper! Maybe put in a new 4.0, Ford's new signature tri-bar chrome grill, and some aftermarket wheels and it's looking real good. SVT anyone...to challenge SS and SRT badges?

Good point Flip, I see the same thing here in Big D Tx. In addition, you wouldn't notice the Freestyle if you saw one, at least that is the way Ford looks at it, I mean I hardly ever see one, so what does that tell you; Ford is hardly putting money anywhere near the Freestyle's advertising budget! I never see one advertised on television, radio, or in the many Ford commercials. They sure do love the F150 though, cause it never ceases. I mean NO other auto manufacturer is going to sell those many of anything they have so why wouldn't Ford give a few bucks to advertise their vehicles......oh well, Billy is in charge now, and he wants to show the world a thing or two about showmanship....that little whippersnapper! Really though, (IMO) I remember when Ford had five of the top ten selling vehicles in the country. Now only the F150 is there to brag on. I mean they don't even have to advertise it and it would clean house. IMO, maybe Jack Nasser was the reason that Ford stayed on top that long, and now he has been history for some years and maybe he's getting his gloat on watching Ford Motor Company struggle. Maybe not, he just may be crying ;)in his beer somewhere wondering why Bill let him go, and how Ford has gone down a few notches. I am still FORD all the way, I just have my own ideas why things are so bad for FMC. Make a BOLD MOVE and bring the company back to life! :angry: tahnks for letting me vent!!!

IMO, maybe Jack Nasser was the reason that Ford stayed on top that long, and now he has been history for some years and maybe he's getting his gloat on watching Ford Motor Company struggle.

Nasser was fired because he invested too much money into Jaguar. He took money from the Ford brand to try to make Jaguar a car to compete with BMW's, Lexus, and Mercedes. He was known to cut every possible corner he could to lower the cost of building a Ford. in doing so, he lowered the quality of the Ford brand. Even if it made a vehicle unsafe, he still did it.

Red Polling was a fine CEO and made Ford a top selling brand. It is going to take time for Bill Ford to bring Ford back to the top. Car sales are up over last year. The Fusion is selling faster then Ford can build them. With AWD coming, the sales will go even higher as long as they can have the capicity to build more of them.

Tom

Okay, Caymen, I guess I missed that guy, Red. I must have missed him somewhere in the Ford Oval News accounts. And I only mentioned ol' Jack because he was all over the FOV news doing stuff, obviously not so good according to your info. Anyway, I am not exactly a Billy fan, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously you get kudos for exposing me to the real truth , thanks for the reprieve!;)

mrmarvyn,

I blood bleeds Ford blue. My father retired from Ford. The the news broke of Nassar getting fired, the Ford plants had a party. No longer did they have to deal with the budget cuts Nassar put on the plants to keep the lines running longer then they should have.

I read a few newspaper and newsweek articles about Nassar. That is where I got my info from. All I know was the Ford employees were glad to see Nassar out of the picture. If you notice the timeline, while Nassar was in office, Ford was loosing market share.

Tom

I see a lot more Jaguars driving around OKC than I do Ford 500s. Of course there are even more F-150s...afterall this is truck country.

Latest posts