You know you're obsessive compulsive...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
...when the dealership returns your Trac and you notice that as a courtesy, they have washed it for you, but instead of being grateful you flinch at the thought that the wrong soap, wax, towels, and cleaning method was used.

been there... done that!

Anal is when you detail the truck hours before you drop it off only to find on the return it has seen the "courtesy wash " where enough "tire bright" has been applied applied that as you drive off it coats the side of the truck.I called when I got home and could see what it looked like in the lights of the garage. I went back the next day for a re-wash with no tire bright.

After that I left specific instructions "DO NOT WASH"... they did...

That night they washed it three more times before I was happy enough to drive away.

Tough lesson for the service manager (and the detail guy).

They never washed it again...

I know what you guys are saying. I tell them to just do the work and leave the rest to me. I know a few "auto detailers" that work at a dealership and believe me, do it yourself.;)

Tom, got you beat by a multi-mile lol

Haven't washed the van sense new in '99. While cargo van. only gets rinsed off when it rains.

park it next to a new one and cant hardy tell. yep it looks a little dirty, but not as bad as you might think. don't dare touch a wash rag to it, might not be pretty. lol

I've always told the dealership "DO NOT WASH"... I've forgotten twice, and both times I had to go home and re-wash my rig. The last time, they completely forgot to wash the passenger side doors!!!

When I have my tires mounted, I'm right there to make sure that all the tires are mounted the same way, with the valves and the hubcaps all in the same place relative to the lettering. Last time I had a flat fixed, the guy told me that he remembered me from a year and a half earlier, and that he had put everything back to the way I liked it!

Last edited by a moderator:
That would all be me, yeah. Got new front tires on the Neon beater I just bought, I was busy and had to leave the car. The tire shop has one tire with the sidewall ribs facing in and the other with them facing out. They're blackwalls either way but it's making me nuts. :wacko: No one else would notice, but I know. On a $1400 beater. Get it fixed next week if I get time.

Not long after I got married, I tell the wife I'm going out to wash her car. A while later she comes out to see what's taking so long. The car is washed but now I'm busy jacking up one corner at a time, taking the wheels off, and hitting the back side of each with wheel cleaner, Bleach-White, and Armor All.

"Why the heck are you doing THAT?"

"Because they're dirty. Doesn't EVERYBODY? Duuuhhhh."